Great Reasons to attend the Westcountry Equine Fair 2019
Come and join us for an amazing weekend of equestrian entertainment and shopping. Whatever your riding level – if you are taking back the reins or simply have a love of horses, there is something for everyone.
The Westcountry Equine Fair will be taking place at Westpoint in Exeter on Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th December.
Great reasons to attend the Westcountry Equine Fair!
- Andrew Williams – show Jumper (Saturday) and Louise Huchinson – dressage (Sunday) will delight the audience with amazing masterclass in the indoor arena. They will each provide two different demonstrations on each day
- The Horse Place (Parelli) – Alison and David Zuend with Sue Edwards (British Eventing accredited coach and long-term competitor) will show some fantastic training skills to help break down the barriers between the more ‘traditional/competitive’ horse world and ‘natural horsemanship’
- Sarah Hamlin and her team will give a display (Sunday) on Western Riding
- Classical riding with Southey Farm Lusitanos and Portuguese International Grand Prix and World Cup dressage rider Ricardo Wallenstein (Saturday)
- Get up-to-date advice in the BETA Equestrian Knowledge Zone: Free hat and body protector checks; nutrition – advice on diet for equines, equine dentist with expert Meila Clifford, Referral Farrier (Ian Lindsay), equine vet (Penbode Vets), worming advice with Westgate Labs and more. Visitors will also be invited to jump aboard Robocob the mechanical horse – the lifelike simulator, perfect for both complete novices and lapsed riders as they sample walk, trot and canter
- Head down to the indoor arena and support those competing at the show this year. There will be some great competitive events including: The unaffiliated Quadrille competition (Saturday); The Pony Club horse & hound show jumping challenge – sponsored by Stags (on both days) and the Junior Show Jumping competition – sponsored by Redpost Equestrian (Sunday) with the usual mix of excitement and delight. Come along and cheer them on!
- The Equestrian shopping village all under one roof – plenty of new equine companies plus the old favourites. Over 200 companies and 1000’s of products, show offers on quality goods, new products plus competitions to win some fantastic prizes. Don’t forget you don’t need to carry those heavy shopping bags around with the shop and drop facility in the foyer – all donations to Brooke, the chosen charity for 2019
- Come and buy those ‘horsey’ Christmas gifts. Compare the quality (you can’t do that online!), choose what is right for you and your horse and get Christmas sorted early!
- The Breed and Heavy Horse Village – A fascinating insight into these amazing breeds and heavy horses. Come and meet these lovely animals and the teams that look after them. Learn about the breed, their history and how they have evolved. You can also see the breeds in the indoor arena, with wonderful displays to music
- Come and spend the day and enjoy some great food in the Lime Tree Café or the outside catering area (with heaters) and the snack bar. Lovely sandwiches and hot meals, snacks and drinks.
This is a great social event. Come and join the West Country’s equine community – meet up with friends and family at this equine extravaganza. Enjoy the best of the west. Shopping and entertainment all indoors!